Thursday, September 8, 2011

Wedding and a 21st Birthday

I did this wedding cake a couple of weeks ago and was very excited to use one of my cake stands I purchased a few months ago. The cake is made of 6, 10 and 14 inch offset squares. Cake flavors include red velvet/cream cheese filling, chocolate cake/strawberry filling, marble cake/caramel cream cheese filling all iced in cream cheese frosting. The base of each layer is wrapped with ribbon. Buttercream dots are above each ribbon base. The florist added beautiful red roses on each tier of the cake.

When I first made this cake I knew I'd get a request to make it again. This cake is made of three tiers of strawberry cake and is iced in vanilla buttercream. I emptied the beer cans and cut them in half. I then pushed the cans down in the cake. Around the cans are sugar ice cubes and the base of the cake is crushed graham crackers.

Sugar ice cubes are very simple to make. Melt 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup of corn syrup. Poor into ice cube trays and let set for about an hour. I always spray the ice cube trays with cooking spray and they pop right out.

No comments:

Post a Comment