Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Homemade Granola

I wanted a quick and easy snack that I can eat at work, home or on the go. So I made some homemade granola. Granola can be made with a variety of oats, nuts seeds, dried fruits and spices. I grabbed what I had in the cabinets and concocted this version. I plan to add some dried fruit next...after a trip to the store first.

Homemade Granola
Ingredient List
     1 cup old fashioned oats
     1 cup quick oats
     2 TBS chia seeds
     1/2 cup coconut
     1/2 cup slivered almonds, crunched up
     2 TBS pecan pieces
     1/4 cup honey
     1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
  2. Mix dry ingredients together
  3. Combine honey and EVOO
  4. Thoroughly coat the dry mix with honey & EVOO
  5. Line a cookie sheet with foil and evenly spread mixture on to it.
  6. Bake 20-25 minutes tossing granola a few times to bake it evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment