Friday, August 10, 2012

Recipe: Walnut-Grape Chicken Salad

This is one of those recipes that when I first saw it I thought there would be no way I would like.
It's low in calories, high in protein, and call for olive oil mayo. Psshhh! It's gonna be gross.
{Insert open mind}
I made this in a cooking class and got to try it and loved it. It is now in my recipe box and can be added to yours.










Walnut-Grape Chicken Salad
serves 4-6
2 cups diced cooked smart chicken
1/2-1/2 cups 2% Greek yogurt
1-2 TBS olive oil mayo
1 cup seedless red grapes, sliced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 rib celery, diced
1/2 cup walnut pieces
salt & pepper to taste
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
1 TBS agave nectar or honey

Combine all ingredients. Stir in more agave/honey or yogurt/mayo if needed. Serve the chicken salad mixture on lettuce leaves, croissants, bread or whatever fits your fancy.

Nutrition: 140 calories, 8 grams fat, 10 grams carbs, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment