Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas

This morning I threw some chicken and taco seasoning in the crock pot. I had no idea what I was going to make with it...obviously something with a Mexican flare. Once I got home I was flipping through my new EveryDay with Rachael Ray magazine and came across the Campbell's soup ad/recipe. The recipe looked good, easy, and I didn't have to go to the store.  I changed it up a bit and it was AH-MAZING!!!
















(recipe adapted from Campbell's Kitchen)

1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup picante sauce
1/2 cup frozen corn
2 tsp. chili powder
2 cups shredded taco seasoned cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
6 flour tortillas (6-8 inch)

1. Cook chicken in a crock pot for with a package of taco seasoning. (I used 6 boneless thighs and about 3/4 of a package of taco seasoning). Once cooked shred the chicken.
2. Heat oven to 350. Stir soup, sour cream, picante sauce, corn and chili powder in medium bowl.
3. Stir in 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and cheese in large bowl.
4. Divide chicken mixture among tortillas. Roll up tortillas and place seam-side down in a 11x7 baking dish. Pour remaining soup mixture over filled tortillas. Cover dish with foil.
5. Bake 40 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and bubbling.

Top with tomato, green onion, lettuce or whatever you like. Or eat them plain with a few tortilla chips like I did.

Enjoy!


  



No comments:

Post a Comment